Boy’s Winter Leagues – Updated 02/2023
This year we will be focusing on box lacrosse concepts and playing in the new Nexus Center! We’ll teach players new stick skills, mastery of picking and rolling, team offense and defense. We’ll transition from clinic type practices to playing games. We’ve seen a transformation of players time and time again. The skills offered in box lacrosse directly relate to field lacrosse. Playing in tight spaces, knowing when to slide on defense, the two-man game, constant motion on offense, and relentless pursuit of ground balls. Each player we’ve taught box lacrosse to has become a better field player. We have goalie equipment for kids that want to try that position out or we’ll provide goalies to play during practices.
- Dates and Times
- Starts: ***December 4th*** (This is a change from 11/20 anticipate start)
- Feb 19, 2023 Cancelled, makeup Feb 26, 2023
- Dec 4, 11, 18, Jan 8, 15, 22, 29, Feb 5,
19, 26 (9 weeks)
- Game Times:
- Boys 3rd-6th: 6:00-7:00 PM each game date
- Boys Modified 7th – 9th grade: 7:00-8:00 Pm each game date
- Boys JV/V 9th – 12th: 8:00-9:30 PM each game date
- Sessions for younger boys will be added based on participation levels. The first week we will have all players 6th and below on one field from 6:00 to 7:00 PM then make adjustments.
- NOTE: SORRY WE ARE NOT PLANNING ON OFFERING KINDERCROSSE THIS SESSION (K-2nd beginners). Experienced 2nd graders can play up.
- Cost: $140 (includes hockey/box style jersey)
- Visit https://www.tricitylacrosse.org/winter-boys-varsity-league/ to register and pay
- Schedule:Will be compiled after we start games, TBD. There are a couple Syracuse box lacrosse teams forming as well. We may try to establish scrimmages with other teams.
- Location: Nexus Center, 400 Oriskany St W, Utica, NY
- Clinic Format:
We will be running stations for all positions and have a host of box lacrosse coaches to teach skills and drills. We will scrimmage each game night as well.
- Registration Instructions: ***Registration Instructions***
- Please pay below or at first practice, update your US Lacrosse Membership, Sign the online waiver and print out the confirmation. See links below:
- US Lacrosse Insurance: US Lax Membership Page
- Tri-City Lacrosse Waiver: Sign Online Waiver
- Pay Now: