Boys Spring League Info – updated 4/2021
**No practice May 9, Happy Mother’s Day!!**
This year we will be playing outdoors in our (now fully functional) box lacrosse area. Practices will coincide with our adult box lacrosse practices for the Utica Yeti. The players on this team are phenomenal. We have some native players that have numerous box lacrosse championships (the box lacrosse equivalent of NCAA Division 1). The coach to player ratio will be huge. We’ll focus on box lacrosse concepts that translate well to field lacrosse. The smaller area provides much more offense and defense.
The Utica Yeti will be playing in the IBLA league. This is the equivalent of the Utica Comets. The next step up is the NLL. Our league will end with the boys playing in the Utica Auditorium before the Utica Yeti’s first home game of 2021!! Check out the Utica Yeti website: Utica Yeti
We’ll start with a number clinic style practices with stations for every player to learn fundamentals of all positions. Team drills to learn offensive and defensive concepts.
Games will start week 2 or 3 (depending on progress). Games will be officiated once we start playing games.
Please us the “Contact Us” form if you have any questions about the upcoming season.
- 11 practices/games with semi-pro lacrosse players and a game in the Utica Aud!
- Starts: April 28, 2021 at 6-7pm
- Dates: April 28(w), May 2(s), 5(w), 9(s), 12(w), 16(s), 19(w), 23(s), 26(w), June 2(w), 6(s)
- Times: Wednesday dates 6pm, Sunday dates 10am
- Cost (Pay with credit card before April 28)
- (With a new jersey):$130
- (I’ll use my old jersey):$120
- Cost after league begins: Add $10
- Location: Bartlett Rd. Fields
- COVID RULES Download
Please pay special attention to our rules for playing during “COVID”. Adherence is mandatory. Everything in the document identifies things we’ve all been doing for the past year. The only thing special to note is that we WILL NOT BE PROVIDING PUBLIC PORTO-POTTIES. Please plan accordingly.
- Requirements Download
- Boys Rules:Download
- Schedule Coming May 4
- **Registration Form and Instructions**
- US Lacrosse Insurance: US Lax Membership Page
- Tri-City Waiver: ***Sign Online Waiver***
- Pay with PayPal (you don’t need to create an account)
We encourage all parents to read our Parents Guide to lacrosse. It contains tips about safety, equipment, rules, sportsmanship, and a plethora of links you can use to help your son or daughter enjoy the game of lacrosse. We encourage you to get involved with your child and if you have some extra time, please contact us about donating your time as a coach or volunteer. There are many ways to help which require only a couple hours of week.